Tom Waits
From the album "Closing Time"
________________________________________
Well I hope that I don't fall in love with you
我希望我不會愛上妳
'Cause falling in love just makes me blue,
因為愛情使我憂鬱
Well the music plays and you display your heart for me to see,
當音樂響起時, 我看出妳的心情
I had a beer and now I hear you calling out for me
一杯啤酒讓我聽見妳在呼喚我
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you.
我希望我不會真的愛上妳
Well the room is crowded, people everywhere
這裡到處都擠滿了人
And I wonder, should I offer you a chair?
我在想是不是該讓個位子給妳
Well if you sit down with this old clown, take that frown and break it,
如果妳坐在我這裡老丑旁邊, 我會解開妳的愁眉
Before the evening's gone away, I think that we could make it,
我們可以熬過這一個晚上的
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you.
我希望我不會愛上妳
Well the night does funny things inside a man
妳要知道夜晚會改變一個男人
These old tom-cat feelings you don't understand,
我這個老頭的心情妳是不會暸解的
Well I turn around to look at you, you light a cigarette,
當我回頭看妳, 妳正點起一支煙
I wish I had the guts to bum one, but we've never met,
我真希望我有種跟妳討一支, 但我們卻始終沒有交會
And I hope that I don't fall in love with you.
我希望我不會愛上妳
I can see that you are lonesome just like me,
我可以感覺得到妳和我一樣寂寞
And it being late, you'd like some some company,
夜深了, 妳也許需要有人陪著妳
Well I turn around to look at you, and you look back at me,
當我回頭看妳, 妳也看著我
The guy you're with has up and split, the chair next to you's free,
跟妳來的那傢伙已經閃了, 妳旁邊的椅子是空的
And I hope that you don't fall in love with me.
我希望妳別愛上我
Now it's closing time, the music's fading out
打烊的時候到了, 音樂聲開始變小
Last call for drinks, I'll have another stout.
最後一次叫酒的機會, 我再要了一杯烈酒
Well I turn around to look at you, you're nowhere to be found,
當我回頭找妳, 妳已經不在了
I search the place for your lost face, guess I'll have another round
我到處找不到妳的影子, 我想我又要重蹈覆轍了
And I think that I just fell in love with you.
我想我已經愛上妳了
|